Free online material
Last Updated on: August 16, 2012
In this new section I would like to gather information about free and open resources which I have found on Internet.
I want to continue updating the page, then if you know any worthy link which you consider interesting, please let me know 🙂
- Coursera: Fantastic tool to learn a range of high quality subjects from top Universities like Princeton University, Stanford University, University of California, Berkeley, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and University of Pennsylvania. I am following the Machine Learning course given by Stanford University and I cannot be more happy. It was really helpful and enjoyable. I personally recommend it.
- Udacity: Another platform that seems very promising. I have never taken a course but I think it is worthy to take a look.
- edX: From MITx and Harvard University a new platform is going to be release in autumn. I am really looking forward to knowing more.
- The elements of statistical learning: Downloadable version available from the Author web page (Trevor Hastie). An advance book that cover a high range of topics like regression, clustering, classification, kernel methods.
- Khan Academy: With more than 3,200 videos ranged from arithmetic to physics and finance.
- Informatics Lectures recordings from Edinburgh University: Updated every year.
- Stanford School of Engineering: SEE programming includes three-course Introduction to Computer Science (undergraduate level) and seven more advanced courses in artificial intelligence and electrical engineering.
- MITOpenCourseWare: MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
- Free full PDFs: Over 80 million of free scientific publications about life sciences, health, physics and engineering and social sciences and humanitie.
- PubMed: biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- GIS Data: GIS Data Depot with numerous data holdings are available for free download.